On this episode of I’d App That, we’ll talk about you being able to get an Uber without leaving Google Maps. Stacy reviews the Amazon Music app and then Peter gives us his impressions of the NFB (Canada’s National Film Board) app.
Google Maps now lets you get an Uber without leaving the app
Google’s making it way easier and simpler to hail an Uber with Google Maps. Today the company announced that the latest version of Google Maps on Android and iOS lets users request a ride from Uber without ever leaving the app. Previously, you could use Maps to check for price estimates and start the process of getting a lift, but eventually you had to finish things up in the Uber app. Now, the entire request process takes place directly in Google Maps. You just sign in with your Uber account info, which pulls up your stored payment info and other details.
We’re changing the way you find and play the music you love.
• Listen to tens of millions of songs with new releases from today’s most popular artists
• Explore curated playlists and stations, always ad-free and with unlimited skips
• Access your favorites with offline listening
• Listen at no additional cost with a Prime membership or get more with Amazon Music Unlimited
More ways to listen:
Amazon Music Unlimited
- Choose from tens of millions of songs, thousands of curated playlists and stations, and personalized recommendations
- Listen to tens of millions of songs with new releases from today’s most popular artists
- Download your favorite albums, songs, and playlists to your mobile device for offline listening. Your music is available anytime, anywhere
- Exclusive Prime member pricing. Start your free trial
Music Included with Prime Music
- Enjoy a curated catalog of two million songs, and thousands of playlists, and stations
- Always ad-free and included with your Prime membership
- Listen to music you’ve purchased from Amazon – MP3 or AutoRip CDs/Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud
- Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud with our desktop app and listen anywhere using our mobile and tablet apps.
- Play music already stored on your Android device. Plus, download songs using your device’s storage or an SD card – you can mix with Amazon Music Unlimited, or Prime Music songs to make your perfect playlist
As featured in a nation-wide marketing campaign by Apple, the NFB Films app allows you to watch over 2500 movies – documentaries, animations and feature films – free on your iPad.
- WATCH over 2500 NFB movies on your mobile device
- Pre-load films to WATCH OFFLINE (Store films for up to 48 hours)
- Bookmark your favourite films
- SEARCH the NFB film collection
- Browse films by CHANNEL (New CANADA SCREENS Channel!)
- KIDS’ channel with fun and educational content for children
- SHARE your discoveries with your friends by email, on Twitter or Facebook
- TV Out and airplay support, allowing you to stream films to television
The NFB Films app requires iOS 6 and above.
The National Film Board is Canada’s public film producer and distributor. Find out more at http://www.nfb.ca/
Connect with our Hosts and guests! Shane Mattox| Peter Fisher| Stacy Baldwin