Interview with Adam Growe – Dual Citizenship – part 1
On this episode of The Occasional Show, Kari Simms and Shawn Burns interview Adam Growe, comedian and host of The Adam Growe Quiz Show, trivia with a twist. We discuss his Dual Citizenship part 1, his voting rights in the united States, and more!
Kari Simms Getting to Know – Adam Growe
Some of the burning questions we asked Adam:
- So you mentioned something when you played on Trivia Geeks that you had Dual Citizenship, did you grow up in the US? – And now you call Canada home?
- Do you have family in the US and Canada?
- When did you know you wanted to be a comedian?
- Who were your biggest influences in comedy?
- How did you get into comedy?
- Does your family like your comedy? Do they watch you?
- What was the hardest gig you’ve ever done? – What did you learn?
- You’ve been on Comedy Central, Comedy Now!, Just For Laughs, Cash Cab, the Canadian. Favorite Gig?
- Can you tell the audience what are the more memorable events that happened to you during that show?
- What advice do you have for young blooming comedians?
- What about for middle-aged people wanting to start a second career, much like Roseanne Barr did?
- If you could look back and talk to 15 year old Adam Growe, What advice would you offer? What warnings would you give him?
- Where does Adam see himself in 5 years?
Shawn Burns Finds out about the The Adam Growe Quiz Show
What’s it All About?
Shawn (The Adam Growe Quiz Show)
- You and Kari were partners on the podcast Trivia Geeks this past week and annihilated the other team. Ok, maybe not annihilated, but you both came out victorious. You’ve been on Cash Cab and now have your own trivia game quiz show, What made you get into doing these types of shows?
- You have a new quiz show you’re doing now. Can you tell us more about when that is and how it works?
- How long has the show been on?
- It sounds like it’s getting pretty popular. Has it been difficult getting it off the ground?
- It’s a pretty original idea – Where did the idea originate from?
- How difficult is it to find players?
- The short videos you show during the game, how many of those do you record for a given show?
- How many are tossed out?
- What are the main reasons they get rejected?
- What are your means for getting the word out?
- Are there any changes or improvements being looked at for the show?
- What’s been most enjoyable for you while doing this show?
- What has been the biggest challenges?
- Any advice for the average listener who wants to try to pursue what you’re doing in the trivia field?
Next week, let’s see what’s on the docket:
Next week we have joining us Matthew Peterson, pop culture expert and writer of the “Retro Review” column on MajorSpoilers.com and co-host of the “Top 5 Podcast.” Also, we ask the burning question, “Cheese graters – useful kitchen tool or deadly skinning instrument?”
Thanks to our writers: Fletcher Bumpus and Zach Harvey.
Thanks Adam Growe for hanging out and discussing The Adam Growe Quiz Show and letting us probe into his life. And to the listeners at home, we really appreciate you hanging out with us. We would love for you to be a part of The Occasional Show by pledging to our patreon. We recently rolled out our Patreon so head on over to Blazing Caribou Studios and support us! If you have something you’d like to discuss or shamelessly plug, hit us up on Twitter @occasionalshow or email us at: Occasionalshow@gmail.com
Connect with our Hosts and guests! Shawn Burns| Kari Simms|Adam Growe
#TheOccasionalShow #QuizShow #AdamGrowe #DualCitizenship